When performing a search in the upper right-hand corner of the site, there are three options to choose from. The default is Keyword.
Keyword: Similar to Google Search, a keyword search returns results ordered by relevance. Searching on "ancient warfare" will prioritize records that contain the full string "ancient warfare", but will also include records that contain the individual words "ancient" or "warfare".
Boolean: Allows greater fine-tuning than keyword search but does not return results by relevance. Do this by using certain characters at the beginning or end of words in the search string. Some examples:
+ A leading plus sign indicates that this word must be present.
- A leading minus sign indicates that this word must not be present.
* An appended asterisk serves as the truncation (or wildcard) operator. Words match if they begin with the word preceding the * operator.
" A phrase that is enclosed within double quote characters matches only rows that contain the phrase literally, as it was typed
Exact match: Returns records that contain at least one match to the order of words entered, like "Civil War". Use this search type if you need to search short words, like "war", and the keyword/boolean searches do not produce results.
The SJC Digital Archives offers the ability to set up notifications when new content is added to the site. You can set up an RSS feed through your preferred RSS reader (Feedly.com, etc.) to notify you when new content is added. This functionality is available for the site as a whole (ALL items), or by Collection (only items in that particular Collection). For ALL items, use the following URL to copy and paste into your feed reader: http://digitalarchives.sjc.edu/items/browse?output=rss2.
Or, for individual collections, please use the following URLs:
- Formal Lecture Series--Annapolis: http://digitalarchives.sjc.edu/items/browse?collection=5&output=rss2
- Photographic Archive--Annapolis: http://digitalarchives.sjc.edu/items/browse?collection=7&output=rss2
- College Catalogues: http://digitalarchives.sjc.edu/items/browse?collection=10&output=rss2
Additionally, there are other output formats available. For more information on any of these formats, please refer to the Omeka site. Please contact the for additional information or help.